23.11.07

Midnight Elf: Advent Stocking Garland Pattern

Somehow my daughter got a hold of the sequins today and went crazy in the living room.

Sequins every where. Stuck to everything.

Frustrating? Yes.

Great photo-op? Possibly.

Stocking advent calendar in progress

Anyway...

This year I wanted to make something new. Browsing flickr for inspiration (wow! Great stuff out there!) I put together a few ideas and decided to work on my blanket stitch at the same time.

If you are in a time crunch or just don't feel like laboring over all the stitches, you can straight stitch these together on a machine, or use a no-sew fabric adhesive (the name of which slips my sleep deprived mind at the moment).

advent stockings finished!
Supplies:
  • Fabric that won't fray (felt, fleece,)
  • Embroidery floss,
  • Buttons, sequins, fun decorations
  • Thread for the decor
  • Needles appropriately sized for various threads
  • Scissors
My plan is to fill them with a treat for each day and a Christmas Season type activity. I've got a few in mind, but could use a few more ideas.

7 comments:

Maleina said...

Go looking at Christmas lights! Go caroling, which I am sure is on your list. Make cookies for someone. Think of a list of gifts you can give instead of get. Read Christmas stories. Play really pretty Chritmas music to a power point presentation of pictures of the Savior.

Jessica Jones said...

Those are really cute!

Maleina said...

so were did you find your cute felt? I have been looking and have not found cute colors! seeing as tomorrow is the first I think I have given up all together! BTW how was the big first birthday? I was thinking of you guys on Tuesday.

June (planetjune) said...

Cute! I love the colours you picked for the felt/floss for each one.

Veeda said...

i love this!

Anonymous said...

I found your advent calendar picture on flickr and I've been coming back to it for a year!! I've been dying to make it and I finally started last night. Got everything cut. Now I have to learn the blanket stitch! Hee hee.

BEAUTIFUL!!

Crystal said...

ooOOoooh! When you get it finished I'd love to see it! I'm glad you found this useful.
:)