12.4.07

Illustration Friday- Green

I get this gardeners urge every spring because we've got these gorgeous blooms that just...happen.

Since they are already alive and beautiful, I start to think that I can add more to the mix, when really I don't make anything better.

I actually end up just crowding, or under-fertilizing, or something.

So I figure, the best way for me to get a green thumb is if I just paint it.

For this illustration I sketched in pencil, inked with a Sharpie and colored in Photoshop.

7 comments:

Juan Carlos Hernández said...

Very good, I love it.

trudette said...

Great idea, very inventive.

emilayusof said...

very nice! Great idea!

Janice Ykema said...

Love the idea... and nicely rendered...
We share the same thumb-type... plants scream when they see me coming!

Anonymous said...

oh i love it. very nice. i love the line style and the touch of green.

steve said...

Great entry. I'm loving the top image especially, with the thick black contour line work and touch of color.

Unknown said...

i really like it.. it makes a great idea here.. very nice!